On behalf of our client, a lifestyle restaurant shortly opening in a landmark high-rise in coastal Limassol, we are seeking to recruit an Executive Chef!
Your main responsibilities:
1) Oversee the food preparation team in an effective manner, achieve the highest customer service standards and ensure the smooth preparation process, be active member of the service period
2) Ensuring high quality of dished are prepared and presented at all times
3) Recruit, hire, schedule, train and evaluate kitchen staff on a regular bases. Works to create a motivating and rewarding, fair work environment.
4) Managing administrative tasks, taking food and equipment stocks
5) To have a thorough knowledge of Mediterranean food products, their origin, and ensure his/her subordinates and team members confidently handle these products
6) Plan the menus effectively and efficiently, following seasonality of ingredients, develop recipes, continuously train the team and strive for improvement
7) To ensure the standard recipes are being followed at all times
8) To oversee purchasing and meet budgeting goals, actively employing cost control tools
9) Source and evaluate suppliers, place orders, receive and inspect incoming supplies, maintain good relationship.
10) Maintain a cooperative relationship with all departments and personnel
11) Ensure H&S and HACCP regulations are followed, standards are implemented and inspections are scheduled, supervised personally
12) To be pro-active in maintaining and improving the business’ profitability
13) To thoroughly understand, adhere to and train on all standards in food quality, presentation, service, customer service, cleanliness, food intolerances, food safety, hygiene and HACCP system
14) Cooperate with Client Relations Manager in order to understand who are the customers, their expectations and needs, establish and maintain relationship through service and over the long term.
15) Conduct daily pre-service briefings
16) Project a positive, professional and friendly image to the guests and employees.
17) Inspect the preparation areas daily to ensure cleanliness, physical condition and functioning equipment.
1) Holder of EU passport, citizen of the EU
2) Graduate of a tertiary school of culinary education.
3) Five years of experience in similar Mediterranean work environment, previous pre-opening experience considered an advantage
4) Must speak and write English fluently
5) Knowledge, experience in a similar position preferably in luxury hotel service or fine dining environment
6) Computer literate and familiar with MS Office and back of house controlling tools
7) Budgeting and cost controlling skills
8) Deep knowledge of the food industry and trends in the relevant area
9) Able to create and update menus on a regular bases
1) Organizational, Managerial and Leadership skills.
2) Able to work with minimum supervision
3) Able to evaluate people in a constructive manner
4) Excellent communication and emotional intelligence skills
5) Creative, service oriented and level-headed.
6) Success driven personality
1) Comprehensive remuneration package and all year around stability
2) Employee loyalty scheme
3) Development programs through external academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications
4) Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within our company
5) Ability to make a difference in the local community
For more information, you can contact us at [email protected] or +357 26101026