On behalf of our client, a lifestyle restaurant shortly opening in a landmark high-rise in coastal Limassol, we are seeking to recruit ROOM SERVICE WAITERS
Your main responsibilities
1) To smoothly carry out the assigned tasks and duties, by actively participating in the service and be vigilantly attentive to the details, food and beverage quality standards.
2) To strive for guest satisfaction.
3) To be able to recommend beverages to match menu items and guest preferences and serve these according to the standards, applying upselling skills.
4) To set tables, trays according to the type of food ordered and the restaurant’s service standards.
5) To accurately record, pre-check and pick-up all food and beverage orders.
6) To check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and beverages served.
7) Responsible for cleaning and removing the trolleys/trays from guest rooms and corridor.
8) To serve guests their food and beverage in prompt, courteous manner as per the restaurant’s service standards.
9) To present physical and accurate checks to guests and complete the payment process.
10) To be able to immediately monitor guest comments and pass on to his/her Superior, and be pro- active in solving problems whenever possible.
11) To have a full knowledge of the food and beverage items and their specifications, menu prices, recipes and style of service.
12) To have a thorough understanding and knowledge of all food and beverage items in the menu and the ability to recommend Food & Beverage combinations and also up sell alternatives.
13) To check with the guest regarding the satisfaction of the meal.
14) To report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensure follow up is performed with the guest.
15) To complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
16) To maintain cleanliness of work areas, chinaware, glassware, etc., throughout the day.
17) To report cleanliness and maintenance issues to the immediate supervisor.
18) To ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
19) To ensure proper appearance and grooming while on duty.
20) To monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
21) To ensure a very good communication between the operations floor and the kitchen.
22) To assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
23) To perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned or as requested by Supervisors.
1) Holder of EU passport, citizen of the EU
2) Graduate of a secondary school, preferably of hospitality specialized in table service. Graduate of a tertiary school of Hotel Management or Hotel and Catering School is an advantage
3) Two years or seasons of experience in similar work environment, preferably with Mediterranean background
4) Knowledge, experience in a similar position of luxury hotel service is an advantage
5) Must speak and read English well. Greek, Russian and other languages are considered an advantage
6) Familiar with the hotel ware systems (Micros OS) and able to operate the restaurant’s point of sales (POS) system, other order taking systems or handheld devices, inventory software etc.
1) Upbeat character
2) Good self-organizational skills, has common sense and quickly responds to directions
3) Good communication skills
4) Pleasant and friendly personality, approachable, fair and polite
5) Success driven personality
1) Comprehensive remuneration package and all year around stability
2) Employee loyalty scheme
3) Development programs through external academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications
4) Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within our company
5) Broaden your knowledge of the Mediterranean lifestyle
6) Ability to make a difference in the local community through our CSR activities