On behalf of our client, a lifestyle restaurant shortly opening in a landmark high-rise in coastal Limassol, we are seeking to recruit a SOMMELIER!
Your main responsibilities:
1) To actively recommend, present and serve wines to the customers
2) To ensure his/her subordinates follow all control measures and standards in order to minimize spillage
3) To ensure that strict cost control measures are followed and adhered to in terms of storage areas/fridges to make sure stocks rotate correctly and new orders are in line with departmental costs and business levels.
4) To receive, inspect, and store wines upon delivery against the departments’ inventory record.
5) To be responsible for maintaining the good relationship with suppliers, seek out new products and regularly update existing labels according to changes of vintage and availability
6) To always proactive by offering co-operation, assistance and help for other areas/stations/people
7) Implement and train service standards concerning wine service
8) To understand who are the customers, their expectations and needs, establish and maintain relationship/rapport through service and over the long term.
9) Sense and anticipate guest needs and quickly respond to maximum satisfaction.
10) To have a thorough knowledge of food products, brands, wine labels served in the outlet and ensure his/her subordinates and team members confidently merchandise these products and special features, using up-selling skills and follow the method actively, leading the sales by example
11) Ensure that guests bills are charged correctly
12) To be pro-active in maintaining and improving the business’ profitability
13) Conduct daily pre-service briefings at specific times
14) Project a positive, professional and friendly image to the guests and employees.
1) Holder of EU passport, citizen of the EU
2) Graduate of a secondary school, preferably of hospitality specialized in table service. Holder of WSET or other similar diploma at least on intermediary level
3) Three years of experience in similar work environment and position, preferably fine dining
4) Must speak and write English fluently. Greek and Russian are an advantage.
5) Knowledge of Mediterranean grapes and wine culture
6) Computer literate and familiar with hotel ware systems (Micros OS)
1) Able to work with minimum supervision, self-motivated
2) Excellent communication and emotional intelligence skills
3) Innovative and forward thinking
4) Pleasant and friendly personality, fair, reliable and polite.
5) Success driven personality
1) Comprehensive remuneration package and all year around stability
2) Employee loyalty scheme and discounts
3) Development programs through external academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications
4) Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within our company
5) On-duty staff meals and uniform provided
6) Broaden your knowledge of the Mediterranean lifestyle
7) Ability to make a difference in the local community.
For more information, feel free to contact us at [email protected] or +357 26101026