On behalf of our client, a lifestyle restaurant shortly opening in a landmark high-rise in coastal Limassol, we are seeking to recruit an Sous Chef!
Your main responsibilities:
1) Directly oversee the food preparation team in an effective manner, achieve the highest customer service standards and ensure the smooth preparation process
2) Coordinate the daily tasks of kitchen team
3) Ensuring high quality of dished are prepared and presented at all times
4) To supervise the day-to-day operations and be active during service hours, leading the kitchen team, and coordinating the pass by plating and calling, in cooperation with the service expeditor
5) To ensure that all kitchen logbooks and checklists are updated daily and signed.
6) Assist in recruitment, hiring, scheduling, training and evaluating kitchen staff on a regular bases. Works to create a motivating and rewarding, fair work environment.
7) Perform administrative tasks, taking food and equipment stocks
8) To have a thorough knowledge of Mediterranean food products, their origin, and ensure his/her subordinates and team members confidently handle these products
9) Actively assist in planning the menus, following seasonality of ingredients, develop recipes, continuously train the team and strive for improvement
10) To ensure the standard recipes are being followed at all times
11) To actively employ cost control tools on the day-to-day operations and instruct staff on such matters
12) Assist in sourcing and evaluating suppliers, placing orders, receiving and inspecting incoming supplies, maintain good relationship.
13) Ensure H&S and HACCP regulations are followed, standards are implemented
14) To be pro-active in maintaining and improving the business’ profitability
15) To thoroughly understand, adhere to and train on all standards in food quality, presentation, service, customer service, cleanliness, food intolerances, food safety, hygiene and HACCP system
16) Ensure the daily supervision of all subordinates ensuring that their actions, duties and opening and closing duties are carried out in accordance with the pre-set procedures.
17) Cooperate with Client Relations Manager in order to understand who are the customers, their expectations and needs, establish and maintain relationship through service and over the long term.
18) Project a positive, professional and friendly image to the guests and employees.
19) Inspect the preparation areas daily to ensure cleanliness, physical condition and functioning equipment.
1) Holder of EU passport, citizen of the EU
2) Graduate of a tertiary school of culinary education.
3) Five years of experience in similar Mediterranean work environment, previous pre-opening experience considered an advantage
4) Must speak and write English fluently, Greek is considered an advantage
5) Knowledge, experience in a similar position
6) Computer literate and familiar with MS Office and back of house controlling tools
7) Budgeting and cost controlling skills
8) Deep knowledge of the food industry and trends in the relevant area
1) Organizational, Managerial and Leadership skills.
2) Able to work with minimum supervision
3) Able to evaluate people in a constructive manner
4) Excellent communication and emotional intelligence skills
5) Creative, service oriented and level-headed.
6) Success driven personality
1) Comprehensive remuneration package and all year around stability
2) Employee loyalty scheme
3) Development programs through external academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications
4) Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within our company
5) Ability to make a difference in the local community
For more information, you can contact us at [email protected] or +357 26101026