On behalf of our client, a NEW Beach Restaurant/Lounge Bar in Paphos, we are seeking to recruit Hostesses/Cashiers.
The responsibilities of the host/hostess include managing reservations, greeting guests, providing accurate wait times and escorting customers to the dining and bar areas. The host/hostess will also act as a cashier.
• Welcome guests to the venue
• Provide accurate wait times and monitor waiting lists
• Manage reservations
• Escort customers to assigned dining or bar areas
• Provide menus and announce Waiter/Waitress’s name
• Greet customers upon their departure
• Coordinate with wait staff about available seating options
• Maintain a clean reception area
• Cater to guests who require extra attention (e.g. children, elderly)
• Answer incoming calls and address customers’ queries
• Assist wait staff as needed
• Operate cash machines and POS to calculate customers’ bills.
• Check bills to see if the correct amount has been displayed and print them out.
• Place printed bills in folders to be presented to customers.
• Answer customers’ questions regarding billed items
• Record totaled amounts, including expenses in the restaurant’s database.
• Inform customers about available modes of payments.
• Take cash payments in exchange for services rendered.
• Process credit and debit card payments.
• Previous work experience as a Host/Hostess
• Understanding of restaurant etiquette
• Familiarity with health and safety regulations
• Experience in managing reservations
• Demonstrable customer-service skills
• Excellent communication skills (via phone and in-person)
• To be quality driven and critical of all aspects of the food and beverage operation in order to guarantee the highest level of creativity and productivity within the organization
• Commitment to learning & self-development
• The ability to cope under pressure
• Problem-solving ability, to resolve issues as they arise
• Excellent interpersonal skills in handling staff relations and/or guest complaints
• Competitive salary depending on experience
• Career progression
• Comprehensive new staff training and induction programmes
• Staff discounts (shops, events, facilities)
• Great work-life balance
• Accommodation cannot be provided for this position, therefore the interested applicants should live locally or be able to arrange their own accommodation.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Employment of the successful candidate will start in February/March 2021, provided the measures against Covid-19 allow. If otherwise, employment will start at the earliest possible date that the Government of Cyprus will allow.
Interested candidates should APPLY through the button below.
For further questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected] or +35726101026