On behalf of our client, a 5-star Hotel in Paphos, we are seeking to recruit a Maitre D’Hotel!
The Maitre d’Hotel ensures that guests have a pleasant and memorable dining experience. He/she oversees and coordinates the planning, organization, training and management necessary with the aim of building guest loyalty and sales; coordinating costs; finding, focusing and keeping talented employees; maintaining exemplary health and safety standards; and supervising the up-keep of the restaurant.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain communication with and supports the F&B Manager.
- Manages costs of Front of House labour, operating supplies, liquor, wine, beer, beverage and restaurant maintenance
- Works to build staff skills and professionalism by:Conducting daily shift meetings
- Creating enjoyable, ongoing product skills training sessions
- Ensuring staff participated in training sessions
- Testing all staff on all areas of product knowledge, skills, policies and food safety
- Ensure staff adhere to all restaurant Policies and Procedures
- Lead by example to achieve desired results in high quality service and experience for guests.
- Anticipate guests’ needs and ensure that service meets/exceeds expectations to ensure a memorable and pleasant dining experience.
- Accommodate special requests whenever doing so would not hinder the experience of other guests
- Check tables throughout service times for guest satisfaction, resolve guest complaints
- Coordinate food service between kitchen and service staff.
- Manage the guest reservation system.
- Use and ensure other employees use guests’ names whenever possible
- Receive and greets members and guests; assist with seating.
- Ensure the use of opening & closing duty lists, and daily & weekly cleaning lists for each shift & position
- Ensure dining room supplies are stocked.
- Inspect dining room, table settings, chairs, floors, proper maintenance, cleanliness and safety. Takes immediate action to correct any issues.
- Co-ordinate and/or reassign workflow & tasks day to day, as necessary, to ensure workload is fairly shared
- Supervise the dining room staff and maintain uniform service standards
- Review daily specials, stations and other applicable announcements.
- Assist with banquet room set up and break down; ensure that it is always set up for presentation.
- Act as initial contact for disciplinary actions. Assure that actions are consistent and accurate. Provides timely detailed account of any disciplinary issues to the F&B Manager
- Review daily and weekly functions with F&B Manager
- Conduct liquor and/or wine inventories in timely and regular fashionEnsure stock is maintained at established par levels
- Ensure all incoming orders are checked against accompanying receipt/ packing slip
- Store, handle and rotate stock to prevent loss/ wastage
- Suggest and/or implement plans and corrective actions to address any inventory variance
- Ensure duties are carried out in an honest and ethical way by abiding the Hotels’ rules and regulations and the Cyprus Law
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the F&B Manager
- Previous experience as a Maitre d'Hotel at a 5* Hotel
- BSc Degree in Business Administration or Hospitality Management or Culinary Arts will be considered as an advantage
- Extensive F&B knowledge
- Fluent English is required; Greek and other languages desirable
- Excellent leadership skills
- To be able to work in a fast pace environment and cope under pressure
- Business awareness for achieving successful performance
- The ability to work independently and take initiative
- A positive self-image
- An ability to command the respect of co-workers
- Able to identify problems and facilitate the problem-solving process in the work environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Must be a caring personality that shows empathy and understanding
- Commitment to learning & self-development
- Promotes cooperation & commitment within a team
- Inspiring and motivating others while being caring and understanding
- Excellent interpersonal skills in handling staff relations and/or guest complaints
- Due to work permit restrictions, candidates must have the right to work in Cyprus
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Career progression
- Comprehensive new staff training and induction programmes
- Staff discounts (shops, events, facilities)
- High profile hospitality company of 5* luxury Hotels
- Great work-life balance
- Accommodation might be available
- Free meals on/off duty
- Airport shuttle on arrival
For more information you can contact us at +357 26101026 or [email protected]
Or you can simply APPLY below